Monday, May 26, 2008

I'm like, for real


Yesterday, I made my debut. A very exciting occasion for My Brown Eyes, but for me too. I sold at the Brooklyn Flea Market in Fort Greene, which on opening day, had 20,000 shoppers. And I can say without a doubt that it was a highlight in my notforrealjobbutjobthatiwishwasmyrealjob career. I sold vintage dresses, handbags, shoes, and various other little things as well as a line of hand-crafted headbands that i've been working on. A shopper who apparently has a boutique in SoHo even asked me if I would consider selling wholesale to her shop. Ummm, yes! It was a really, really great day besides getting completely scorched by the sun (paying for that today)...but I met some really awesome people and watching gals walk away from my table wearing my stuff made the totally hurty sunburn worth it. Can't wait to do it again in 2 weeks! And hopefully as many Sundays as I can throughout the summer. If you live in or around Brooklyn, please stop by and say hi next time! And, of course, I would remiss to not mention my lovely outfit furnished by no other than miss Effie!

6 comments:

DON'T SWEAT IT said...

wow, sounds like great stuff! I really need to get my butt off to more flea markets around the city - this one included! hopefully I'll make it for the next one.

Sally Jane said...

How fun! Wish I was close enough to swing by.

Sam said...

The dress looks good on you! So summery. And to bad I live in The Netherlands, otherwise I really would have stopped by

Effie said...

look at you! lookin' cute and hawkin' cute stuff all at the same time!!!
I'm really glad you got the dress and I think it looks better than perfect on you!!!

PS I think we'll be stopping by to visit not this weekend, but next!!

c said...

Please say you'll still be around in the fall? Your blog is great!

Tara Diane said...

How exciting! Glad to hear you had a fun time, I'm jealous :).